2. Community Congress by StartUpSecure KASTEL
Exciting discussions and impulses around the topic of "Critical Infrastructures and Cyber Security" took place at the 2nd Community Congress by StartUpSecure KASTEL at TRIANGEL.
The StartUpSecure KASTEL Community Congress took place for the second time. This time, we focused on the topics of “Critical Infrastructures and Cyber Security”. There was great interest, heated discussions and every question and answer session was used up to the last minute.
Exciting impulses came from Dr. Emilia Grass – post-doctoral student at the Chair of General Business Administration and Production on the topic of “Cybergeddon in the healthcare sector”, Dr. Michael Ebner – Group CISO & Director Information Security at EnBW on the topic of “Cyber Security from the perspective of a CISO”, as well as from Mirko Ross – CEO and founder of asvin GmbH on “High security in security-critical and defence-related scenarios”. Especially the Q&A sessions afterwards were used by the audience and the arguments were discussed controversially.
Best Poster Award
Things got exciting at the poster pitch, where five different research topics were presented to the audience. The participants were motivated and explained their posters in the subsequent exhibition. The audience and jury were asked to vote after the poster pitch. The jury consisted of Dr. Mario Strefler, KIT KASTEL, Mirko Ross, asvin GmbH and Stefan Woronka, Siemens AG.
The winner of the pitch was the team Àlex Miranda-Pascual and Patricia Guerra-Balboa with their topic: Differentially Private Trajectory Data. The 1st prize was endowed with 1,000 euros and was sponsored and presented by Dr. Fabian Rhein and Stefan Woronka, Siemens AG. Congratulations also from us to the lucky winning team.
These were the participants
- Maximilian Noppel: Make the AI yield False Explanation through Explanation-Aware Backdoors.
- Sine Canbolat and Clemens Fruböse: GNSS Spoofing Attacks against Energy Systems
- Àlex Miranda-Pascual and Patricia Guerra-Balboa: Differentially Private Trajectory Data
- Gustavo Sánchez: Evaluating ML-based IDS with Mimicry Attacks
- Bernhard Beckert and Florian Lanzinger: Formal Analyses for Safety and Security in Production and Energy Systems
Exciting panel discussion
A highlight of the program this year was once again the panel discussion. Representatives from research, industry and the start-up scene exchanged views on the central question: “What will secure critical infrastructures look like tomorrow? Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ina Schaefer from KASTEL moderated the discussion. Sitting on the sofa were:
- Barry Fogarty, founder and CEO of Vioonic GmbH / Digital Health Start-up.
- Niklas Goerke, research scientist at the FZI Research Center for Information Technology
- Rohit Bohara, CTO of asvin GmbH / corporate research for IIoT
- Dr. Ghada Elbez, group leader of Secure Energy Systems at KIT Institute for Automation and Applied Computer Science
- Dr. Carmen Kempka, Head of Corporate Technology at WIBU Systems
After the extensive program, the participants networked in a relaxed atmosphere and made plans for the 3rd Community Congress next year.
The next big event by StartUpSecure KASTEL is on September 28th: the 116th Gründergrillen meets StartUpSecure KASTEL will take place from 7 pm at TRIANGEL.
So Save the Date!